£15 vouchers per child per week: check eligibility
Many of our parents are receiving vouchers to spend at a supermarket of their choice during school holiday periods.
These vouchers are £15 per child per week so comes to £30 per child for the Christmas holidays. These vouchers will also be available for February half-term and Easter holiday – a total of £75 per child.
Sadly, many parents are missing out on these vouchers as they have not registered for Free School Meals which is NOT THE SAME as the free meal all children in Reception, Years 1 and 2 receive.
There is a very simple way of checking using the link below:
Free School Meal Eligibility Checker (lgfl.org.uk)
If you receive any of the following benefits you may be entitled to Free School Meals;
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
· Income Support
· income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
· income-related Employment and Support Allowance
· support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
· the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
· Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
· Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
· Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If you need help with checking then please do come to the school office and we can help you – it only takes a few minutes.
Don't miss out; please take 10 minutes to check EVEN IF your child is in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 and get a free lunch.